Monday, May 11, 2009

Before the Journey

Before the Journey:

So, I'm going to be going to India on Wednesday. I'll be meeting with my friend, Robbie Staley, who just finished his Masters in Economics at JNU in New Dehli. 

He's going to take me around New Dehli and then we are going to take off. 

We'll be going from New Dehli to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. From there, we'll go to Varanasi, a sacred Hindu pilgramage site, to Bodh Gaya, the birthplace of Buddhism, to Calcutta, the seat of the British Raj. We'll also go Nepal and try to do some trekking there. 

From there we will go to Malaysia as the cheapest way into China. While in Malaysia, we plan on traveling around, although we're not sure where exactly. 

The reason that we are going to Malaysia is because I have to be in China on June 21st. At that time, I'll be starting another Chinese program at Qingdao. 

In August, after my Qingdao program is over, and I have to go to Nanjing, near Shanghai. There I'll be starting masters classes at Nanjing University. 

After that, I'll be doing an internship starting in Februrary. I'm not sure yet where it will be at, but it has to be for a Chinese company or organization or something like that. 

And then I'll travel some during the summer before I come back and get married. 

While I'm traveling, I'll be keeping this blog. I'll try to send these posts out by email, but you might want to check the blog as well:


I'm also going to try to keep track of my journeys, particularly when I'm traveling, I'm going to be using mapvivo.com to post my journeys. You can find my profile and journeys at 


I've put some past journeys on this site and I'll put my travels on the site as well. The cool thing about this site is its connected with googlemaps, so it actually shows where I'm at, and it will show pictures and have a little dialogue by me. 

Finally, I'll be putting a lot of my pictures on my shutterfly site:



Let me know if you have any problems finding these websites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment